Hardware Requirements and Recommendations for EnterMediaDB 9.x
The following specs are the minimum hardware requirements to run EnterMediaDB, including physical hardware and virtual machines (VMs) to accommodate up to 100k image assets and 100 users:
- 4-core CPU
- 8 GB of RAM
- 100GB SSD disk for system
- 1TB of external storage for data
Depending on the expected number of users, overall volume of assets and workflow practices EnterMediaDB is developed to work on clusters setup. Ideal hardware requirements for a cluster setup serving 10k users are:
- 8-core CPU
- 16 GB of RAM
- 500GB SSD storage disk for system
- 5TB of external storage to store data using SAS and ZFS filesystems
EnterMediaDB is built and distributed on Docker, and we recommend using Linux as the Operating System in the host machine or VM. Our preferred distributions are CentOS 7.x and RedHat 7.x.
System Configuration and Server Security
- HTTPS port 80 and 443.
- SSH port 22 for basic administrative operations.
- Resilio 6100 TCP/UDP to sync folders from user desktops.
- Port 9300 and 9200 TCP - ElasticSearch cluster (only within EnterMedia servers).
- Wowza 1935 to record and stream video.
- Wowza 8088 HTTP downloads (only within EnterMedia servers).
- LTI (Moodle/Canvas)
- Active Directory
- Google Login (openID)
- Facebook Login