EMBridge Drupal Setup
- Make sure that dependencies are installed:
sudo apt-get install curl libcurl3 libcurl3-dev php5-curl
- Unzip http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/drupal-7.37.tar.gz into /var/www/yoursite (or wherever your webserver is located)
- Create a /etc/apache2/sites-available/yoursite.conf that looks something like this:
<VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot /var/www/yoursite ServerName yoursite RewriteEngine On RewriteOptions inherit CustomLog /var/log/apache2/yoursite.log combined </VirtualHost>
- Add DNS entry /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 localhost yoursite
- Had to run the rewrite command with my config file as a param a2ensite drupal7 531 service apache2 reload
- Fix permissions: Need to edit /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and make / and /var/www (or whatever web roots are ABOVE your site, have AllowOverride All (Apache uses a blacklisting)
- Setup Database http://askubuntu.com/questions/36221/whats-the-easiest-way-to-install-drupal-locally Sometimes the password doesn't get set properly. The steps when creating should look something like this:
mysql -u root -p -e "CREATE DATABASE databasename CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;" mysql -u root -p -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON databasename.* TO drupaluser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';"
- Log into web site and use defaults http://yoursite/
- Upload the plugin to Drupal. Modules | Add New | Enter URL: http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/embridge-7.x-3.0-beta2.tar.gz (NOTE: you must have the Update Manager enabled to see the Add New)
- As of 7.x.3.0-beta2, the module must be edited to remove an erroneous validation check. Comment out lines 332 through 335 in embridge.admin.inc in the embridge module root
- Follow EMBridge setup video. The user/password you use for Drupal must be those for the system catalog.