Upgrading from EM9 to EM10 does not require any special steps to ensure data integrity. All catalogs from EM9 are automatically imported to EM10. The following are different methods to go about the upgrade.
Upgrading via Docker (Recommended)
- Backup your data and create Snapshots.
- For basic installations we recomend to download our entermedia-docker launcher once in a while, this way you will get most up to date installation settings. For that, you need to download the script (curl -o entermedia-docker.sh -jL docker.entermediadb.org ) directly in your EnterMedia Node-folder: /PATHTOYOURINSTANCE/INSTANCE/NODEID/
- Run the update-em9.sh shell script
- We recomend to reindex catalogs if you are doing regular updates.
Method II – Using the EntermediaDB Manager
1. Go to the EntermediaDB manager webapp in your browser. (e.g. http://myinstance.com/manager)
2. Log in as an administrator who is a member of both the group and role 'Administrator'
3. Select the 'Update Manager' Tab
4. Choose a Branch from the dropdown: EnterMediaSoftware.com Version # Releases - Official Branch EnterMediaSoftware.com Version # Sandbox - Development Branch
5. Check the packages you want to upgrade. For standard upgrades, check the following boxes:
-- RELEASE BRANCH --
+ Entermedia Server
+ OpenEdit CMS
+ EnteMedia Office
-- SANDBOX BRANCH
-- + Core EnterMedia Server dev
+ App EMShare dev
+ Extension OpenEdit CMS dev
+ Extension Office dev
7. Click "Upgrade"
Method III – RPMS
If you installed Entermedia using RPMS, you need to update the RPM and then update your installation.
CentOS and RHEL
$sudo yum clean all
$sudo yum update entermediadb
$sudo yum update entermediadb_dev Ubuntu
$sudo apt-get update
Now Update EntermediaDB
$sudo entermediadb update /opt/entermediadb
Method IV – Manually
If you can’t access the Manager, or just want to upgrade outside of the EnterMedia interface, you can also do a manual upgrade.
1. Download the latest ROOT.war from either: PRODUCTION: ROOT.war curl -XGET -o /tmp/ROOT.war http://dev.entermediasoftware.com/jenkins/view/EM9/job/em9_demoall/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/deploy/ROOT.war > /dev/null DEVELOPMENT: ROOT.war curl -XGET -o /tmp/ROOT.war http://dev.entermediasoftware.com/jenkins/view/EM9DEV/job/em9dev_demoall/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/deploy/ROOT.war > /dev/null
2. Replace the ROOT/WEB-INF/base and ROOT/WEB-INF/lib directories on your server with those found within the ROOT.war file. 3. Restart After upgrade you need to restart EntermediaDB in order to see the changes.