Docker Installation - Upgrade Instructions
Basic upgrade instructions for Docker installations, keep in mind we recommend to maintain proper backup mechanisms in order to recover your data in case a disaster.
- If it's an Production server, make sure we have a backup.
- For no downtime edit NGINX to use a B server (if we have a primary and backup).
- Make sure DB snapshot is updated (less than 24 hours).
- Make sure Manager snapshot is within a week old.
- Optionally you can look at Tomcat access logs for anyone using the site.
- In your Terminal go to Entermedia's installation path, usually at /media/emsites/sitename/xx/. Run update scripts with a sudo user:
- For newest em9 release version run: update-em9.sh
- For latest em9dev version run: update-em9dev.sh
- For latest em10 version (recommended) run: update-em10dev.sh
- Check logs.sh for any startup issues. Update and initial start after tye update should take a couple of minutes only.
- If your old version is more than 15 days old then Data Base needs to reindex after the update, as an Administrator user, got to:
Settings | Server | And click on Reindex database
- If the old version is more than 60 days old then reindex the system catalog at:
(https://yourserver/manager/) | Server | Reindex
- If error on reindex then old field definitions need to be cleared out.