Moodle LMS Integration with LTI
This article will show you Moodle LMS integration with EnterMedia’s DAM using LTI (Learning Tool Interoperability) integration. With this integration you can easily upload content and store it in EnterMedia, then have your organization’s users easily access the content with their Moodle credentials. This operation requires Admin access.
Setting up an Entermedia LTI in Moodle – Moodle LMS Integration with EnterMedia’s DAM
1. First access the systemsettings table from the site manger thanks to the following URL http://yoursitename.entermediadb.net/manager/views/settings/lists/datamanager/index.html
- Add a new ltiautologinkey row as follows (replace the value with your key’s value):
- Site Administration/Plugins/Activity Modules
- Click on Manage Activities/LTI Administration
- Click on “External Tool Configuration”
- Click “Add External Tool Configuration”
3. Your window should look similar to this one:
4. Create a Tool name (This is what will show when instructors are adding the tool to their classroom).
5. Add the Base URL, Consumer Key and Shared Secret. Leave the Custom Parameters box empty.
- Base URL: https://yoursitename.entermediadb.net/yourcatalog/index.html
- Consumer Key: entermediadbkey (for example).
- Shared Secret: this will be a long encrypted key that Entermedia will create for you.
6. Click the box that says “Show Tool Type when Creating Tool Instances”, otherwise your teachers won’t be able to find it.
7. Scroll down and change the embedding. If you are going to show the item inside the classroom, the “New window” is suggested, otherwise it scales the video down very small.
8.Scroll down and change the Share launcher’s name and the Share launcher’s email with tool to “Always”
9. Scroll all the way to the bottom and select “Save Changes”.
Your Tool installation is complete.
Adding an instance of the tool to a classroom
At this point you are going to need access to the Entermediadb instance for your institution.
1. Login to Entermedia and locate the media that you want to imbed in your classroom.
2. Click the “Share” option and then select “Embed”.3. From the “Embed” window select the “Preview Page” option, making sure you have selected the entire URL.
4. From the “Embed” window select the “Preview Page” option, making sure you have selected the entire URL.
5. Go back to Moodle and locate the classroom that you want to place the link into.
6. Turn Editing on and scroll to the section where the link will reside and select “Add an Activity”, then select “External Tool”.
7. When the External Tool window pops up you will have the opportunity to add a title for the activity.
8. Add your Activity Name, and then paste your URL into the “Launch URL” field.
9. Scroll all the way to the bottom and save.
10. Select “Edit/Edit Settings for the tool you just added (we’re going to link it to the Entermedia LTI now).
11. In the “External Tool Type” drop down, select “Entermedia” as the tool type. You should now see a green checkmark next to your Launch URL that says “Using Tool Configuration: Entermedia”.
12. Scroll down and SAVE.
Your tool is now successfully embedded in your classroom.