EnterMedia 8.18 Release Notes 2015.04.23
April 23, 2015
EnterMedia Release 8.18 is packed with great new features and integrations! From multiple geolocations and a theme editor to Dropbox Hotfolders to our new Hosting Solutions, checkout the progress below.
As always, upgrade to take advantage of these enhancements.
- Custom Print View – customize metadata to easily print with assets. Multiple galleries supported
- Customized Geolocation Icons – customize icons when adding geolocations to your assets
- Category Folder View – when searching in Categories, search results now display the thumbnails of your Categories for a visual result
- Visual attachments – when previewing as asset’s attachments, they are now visible as thumbnails on the right side column, plus an indicator icon of the number of attachments alerts you they exist
- Custom metadata export – choose your own metadata fields to easily export to CSV
- Multiple user databases – each catalog can be assigned to a different user database
- Theme Editor – customize the appearance of your EnterMedia with logos and colors using our new Theme Editor tool
- Additional CMYK Support – for assets without embedded profiles, the default Adobe profile supports them
- Reset Table metadata fields – you can now reset any Table’s metadata fields back to the defaults. Visit Settings–>Data Manager–>Reset Settings button. You will be prompted to export your data first, in case you have not already.
Mobile Client – Prototype
- access your DAM on your Android device to view Libraries, play videos and upload assets
- Check it out on Github here
- use the EnterMedia WordPress plugin to publish assets directly from your DAM to your websites
- short tag support
- export images to WordPress with your existing library names instead of the general WP “Media” folder
- Link your Dropbox account to use as a Hotfolder to sync files immediately with your DAM
Amazon Web Services
- Integrated Cloudfront CDN (Content Delivery Network) for streaming videos
- Transient mode – no XML files required
- Database Snapshots and restores – take a snapshot of your database and restore it easily
- Let EnterMedia host, maintain and support your DAM on our servers to make your life easier with our new Hosting solutions
- Asset Field Date/Time Render Issue – Date was not displaying when editing a value for a field with Data Type: “Date” and Render Type: “Date/Time”. A date must be present for the date and time to display.
- Library Permissions: see newly created library immediately in Project Tracker
- Video Player in Chrome not using thumbnail – thumbnails are now visible instead of displaying the first frame or “No Image Available”
- Number of search results changing after multi-editing – now the number or search results from the User’s My Account–>Preferences holds true after using multi-edit